What is it, that fire hoses, poker chips and car tires have in common? All of these were and are being manufactured at the Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company! Back in 1898, Frank Seiberling bought a shutdown factory in Ohio, USA. Together with his brother he therefore laid the cornerstone for the multinational company as it is known today. Named after the American inventor Charles Goodyear, the company initially started with the production of bicycle and carriage tires and grew with the invention of the car. The first car tires were manufactured in 1901 which were provided for the racing cars of Henry Ford. Nowadays Goodyear tires stand for quality, safety and reliability. The blue and yellow logo shows the winged sandals of Greek god Hermes and we are very proud to finally include it in our Nostalgic-Art collection!